View Single Post
Old 25-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Suspended
Kavon,
Thanks so much for your encouragement! I needed that!
I look forward to what you have to share on this thread. And also, the other thread where you got an idea jogging but then forgot it - that happens to me sometimes too!

TheSphinx,
Thanks for playing along! I love what you wrote... especially,
Quote:
"I think where man has gone awry is by not following his heart in matters of faith and spiritual things."
I was just thinking about a part in the song, "Forever Young" that says, "Never love in vain"... Maybe that's what that commandment (that says not to take God's name in vain) is really about - since God is love.
Quote:
"In conclusion; we all need our teachers in life. But once we have accepted a piece of data from another, we have to assimilate it to ourselves and cast off any jagged edges that might not resonate with our inner being."
Well put! I've noticed a tendency in me & others to want others to think like we do... or try to think like others to fit in.
Deeply connecting & relating with someone is awesome, but that's only when both are honest & allowing each other to be honest. Anyone with an open heart will be influenced by others, but as you suggest, it's spiritually beneficial to consciously decide how much influence is appropriate for who we really are.