View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 PM
chartreuse

I used to get it a lot worse, but my SC (I've decided to just use "soul connection" for now - seems to be a good all-purpose term) entered his "dark night of the soul period and really, really withdrew inside himself. It's hard sometimes to feel him at all right now - at least most of the time. Another thing that happened is that I had a massive energy discharge about a week ago - I had sort of a revelation about the whole experience with him and how I'm supposed to handle it from here on out, and before I knew it I had energy shooting up through my head, out my hands, and literally heaving out my mouth (a very strange sensation, I might say). Afterwards I felt completely emptied out, but not in a depressed empty way, more peaceful, like everything was good and right in the universe - the way it was supposed to be.

That discharge has smoothed everything out for me - I miss him terribly but it's not the gut-wrenching type of thing I had previously, and when I do feel the pull it's more, well, refined (for lack of a better word). I'm much more able to deal with the idea that it might be awhile before I see him again. Don't get me wrong - I feel as strongly for him as ever but the best way I can describe what's happened is that my spirituality seems to be taking precedence over my impulsivity and emotions.

What I think got me to this piont (and the point of the energy discharge) is a lot of work I've been doing. Breathwork, doing meditation while listening to crystal singing bowl music, chakra clearing meditations, and I'm nurturing the tiny starting seeds of a spiritual practice involving dance and authentic movement.

I really, really recommend any and all forms of this type of work to anyone overwhelmed with the "pull" or other apsects of the connection - the benefit it's had for me is impossible to overstate.