View Single Post
Old 25-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Master
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you're having fun experimenting with the astral world. Enjoy - but I hope you still manage to get a good night's sleep. That was always my issue with it when I played around with lucid dreaming. I didn't get enough deep sleep (no REM, no dreaming).

I think the real value of lucid dreaming is to get an idea of what it's like to be enlighened in the waking state, which is called turyia, in Sanskrit. All the world is a dream and we can become lucid in it. So the "lucid dream" gives us a kind of glimpse into our possibilities in this world.

Whatever you want to achieve, my suggestion is to focus on it a lot just before you go to sleep. Do this night after night and you will eventually get results.

Once you start having lucid dreams, my suggestion is to take it to another level. Observe yourself critically in your dream. How are you behaving? Do you like the person you are in your dream? Is this the kind of person you are in the waking state? Or an alter-ego? Or someone you'd like to become. Dreams are powerful tools to co-create the kind of person we want to be in the waking state. They are a strong indicator of our secret desires and fears etc.

My favorite book on the subject is by Swami Radha, Realities of the Dreaming Mind. It's a very cool - creative-artistic approach to dream work... which can become a path or "yoga" to cosmic consciousness.

Good luck with it... lots of good ideas from others here too.

Uma