Thread: KARMA
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
How is it possible to exit delusion at any time, that imples we have control over our sense of reality, looking at the myriads of ways to find meaning through philosophy and various practices some of which would take years and years. The first problem is recognition of the delusion in the first place and then find a way that solves this, is that not why we have so many groups proclaiming answers. The simple truth is that in this case it is not possible to comprehend reality without somekind of interventin outside our control some call it grace

We do have control over our sense of reality. For example, I spent some time feelinging like I was surrounded by insanity. I prayed at night for God to change the people I worked with so that I could be ok. LOL!!! Eventually the voice in my head said "You have no control over anyone else, the only control you have is what you think about them." It gave me pause and I decided that I needed to find one thing I liked about each of the people I thought were making me miserable. In the end, I learned a lot about each of them and was amazed that they survived some horrific life events and were able to function. Their way of coping was different than mine, but not worse or better. I realized my perceptions were under my control and had nothing to do with any outside forces OR God or any other fatalistic manipulation. We may not be able to choose what life "thows at us" but we are able to choose how we think and respond. So, no, none of our perceptions are outside of our control.

So, if you want to pretend like you are not responsible for your thought and actions, go ahead, but it will not serve you in the end.