View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 04:42 AM
Knower
Thank you for an interesting post. I have often wondered if the afterlife depends on your belief in this life. When my mother in law passed I felt her presence very strongly around me all the time. I could hear her voice and she was telling me off for taking some clothes out of the cupboard and putting them in a bag.
'What are you doing? Those are my clothes.' She was very insistent and quite angry as if she didn't realised she had passed. Then a few days after her passing I dozed off on the sofa. When I woke I felt her presence very strongly. Her perfume wafted right over me and then she was gone.
My mother in law was a Roman Catholic. Later her priest told me that Roman Catholics believe the soul stays here for a few days before leaving this earth and going to heaven.
Sadly my husband has just passed and I can't feel his presence at all. It's nothing like when his mother died. There's complete silence, nothing at all. He had no real belief in the afterlife although he quite often saw spirits. That frightened him a bit sometimes as it went against his beliefs. I have no idea where he's gone and it worries me greatly. I can't think that there's no afterlife for those who don't believe in it.