Thread: 100 % proof
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Knower

For me, the proof came three days after my best friend died, when he paid me a visit. I'd been a skeptic, but the experience was so unexpected and so overwhelming I couldn't go back to not-believing in our existence beyond death.

But I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. Other, still-skeptical folks have come up with all kinds of logical reasons why they think I didn't really have the experience I absolutely know I had. And I can't say I blame them--I used to be one of them, after all.

So for people who are looking for "harder" proof that doesn't come from reports of NDEs or after-death encounters, or who don't believe psychics are the most reliable sources, I recommend a few books: Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and the follow-up book Destiny of Souls, and Brian Weiss's Many Lives, Many Masters (he has other books, but they get really repetitive).

Both Newton (clinical psychologist) and Weiss (psychiatrist) inadvertently helped their patients tap in to past-life and between-life memories during hypnotherapy. Neither set out to do so; when they asked their patients simply to go to the root cause of their present-day emotional problems, that's where they went. Both have regressed thousands of patients (including many who did not believe in an afterlife, or who had religious beliefs that didn't match their experience when under hypnosis), and their books are definitely worth checking out.