View Single Post
Old 20-04-2018, 01:37 AM
Experiencer

At peace is putting it lightly, lol. I was like a little kid on his best day ever, only a thousand times better.
I'm not sure about my being emotionally at peace ever in my life before the NDE. I found I nearly loathed myself and didn't even realize it. I'd been raised traditional Christian (Lutherean), but from my late teens/early 20's I rejected religion more and more until finally for about 15 years before the NDE believing when you die, you're dead...that's the end of you...period. And I was fine with that. But even during that time I was still a big fan of "don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you". And I never was deceitful, materialistic or selfish...lol, no, I wasn't a saint. But maybe that had something to do with it. Learning of other NDEs of those who experienced hell, they'd said before the NDE they were very self centered.
Maybe your confusion during the NDE was because of something important you questioned/weren't sure of in this life...?? Or something you were sure of that you found wasn't the way you thought?
Keep working on it, Colorado. It's been 11 years since my NDE and I'm still learning things. One of the very serious researchers of NDEs said it takes an average of 17 years before a full realization (whatever that means) of it happens.