View Single Post
Old 23-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Master
As you know, the phoenix represents renewal or miraculously rising again from nemesis, peril, complete defeat. In mythology, the phoenix rises from the ashes of its own funeral pyre.

I had a dream of a phoenix once, at a time when my life took a dramatic spiritual upturn. In the dream, it was morning and I was standing at the kitchen sink doing some dishes. Just as in my actual home, in the dream there was a window above the sink, and it was sunny outside. At one point I happened to look up and out through the window, and there was a very large and unusually shaped bird flying toward our house from the southeast. I left the sink and stepped outside onto the deck that’s attached to our house. The huge dark-colored phoenix - I could now clearly see what it was by its general shape and its wings and feathers - was flying toward me and getting close. When it was almost overhead, I put my right hand up. It seemed to almost hover above me for a moment, dipping down so that my hand could pet its head. What was funny was that its head was shaped like a duck’s - a very large duck head, as the phoenix was enormous.

The duck head probably made it seem more friendly than if it had had the raptor-type head the phoenix is typically depicted with in sketches and paintings.

In the dream and when I woke up, the event seemed like a blessing. What I can truthfully say is that my life during this general time was going into more rapid evolution. I was coming to life at a new level, and new vistas were opening up for me.

It’s a good omen, I think, that you envisioned a phoenix.