View Single Post
Old 21-05-2011, 01:24 AM
paulrosk

I tried to get into the Runes a while ago, purchased several sets, one really beautiful hand painted made from River Stones. Couldn't get it all together, tried for weeks. I even purchased 2 sets of Runes "Cards" to make it easier, still had trouble interpreting those Runes. It wasn't until I saw that the Runes can actually correspond to the cards of the Tarot Major Arcana that I started to make sense out of the whole mess. I'm still trying to get somewhere, but it's a slow road. I'm much better at Tarot and Oracle cards, but I heard once where someone actually used a set of Runes and tossed them on her Tarot cards to make card selections, then paired up the Rune and the card it fell on for a deeper interpretation. She was great at it, and it always seemed to work perfectly for her. I'm still working at it, not ready to give up just yet. Besides with the Runes you only have to learn 25 meanings, where in Tarot you need to learn 78 meanings!

"The Quest Tarot" deck has the "Runes" printed on the Major Arcana cards, but not much depth in the book about them.

If you want any easy way to learn the Runes I suggest "The Rune Vision Cards" by Sylvia Gainsford with Howard Rodway. Published by AGM (AGMULLER). It's a card set with a great book included. Each card has the Rune symbol plus a picture and the NAME of the rune, great for learning what each rune is and it's name. They say you can find it here: www.tarotworld.com but I'm sure Amazon has it too. OK I checked www.tarotworld.com, they have it:

http://www.tarotworld.com/Content/ta...s/1/index.html

So check it out, might just help you a lot!