View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Master
You can put a quote within a quote. It looks to me like you've got the bracket thing down... so try it like this (reminder, use square quotes instead of the curly ones I'm using). I used colour so you can see more easily where each quote code should begin and end. You see how the pink quote is entirely within the blue quote? That's what you're going for.

{quote=JoeBlow}{quote=JaneDoe}Wow, that Joyce has some interesting things to say!{/quote}Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Put your reply here...

You can also do it this way but there will be more space in the quote boxes (because of the extra lines):

{quote=JoeBlow}
{quote=JaneDoe}Wow, that Joyce has some interesting things to say!{/quote}
Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Put your reply here...

Of course, if you use the 'quote' button at the bottom right of a post, you can usually get away without having to write in the code thingies yourself in the first place.

You can also put each quote into their own quote box, just make sure each thing you want to quote is not within another quote code thingy. Probably the easier, quicker option.

{quote=JaneDoe}Wow, that Joyce has some interesting things to say!{/quote}
{quote=JoeBlow}Yes, I agree!{/quote}
Joyce, you'd want to put your reply here...

Hope this helps. It takes a bit of practice and fiddling at times, you could practice in this thread to see if it works or not. Go on! I dare you!