View Single Post
Old 22-05-2018, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
Yea I had a look at sleep hygiene and for the most part, going to bed isn't the problem, it's how long i'm sleeping. I've gone to bed earlier and I still sleep 13 hours so a bit at a loss as to what to do now. I know once i'm up I feel great albeit a bit anxious at times.

Atm it's a massive habit and whilst doctors tell me you can't be addicted to sleep, I feel I am

I've had a lot of sleeping problems, which is a bit of an ongoing battle really, but I recently became determined to sort it out because the erratic sleep disorganises life in general. I made a little strategy to deal with it including not having caffeine late in the day, turning off the computer early in the evening, reading a real paper book in bed, taking a 10 minute walk first thing in the morning, having breakfast outside and opening more curtains to let more natural light inside. I followed that routine last week and it seemed to work well. I dropped it on the weekend so I could stuff around on Saturday night, but started picking up again in the new week. It's a small adjustment so I'm taking a while to settle in to it, but it sure shows some significant improvement.