View Single Post
Old 21-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
..., i 'reject' attachments to beliefs...

Are you saying, by example, that the rejection you have is to the attachment a person may have to their beliefs, because in the example you gave, a few can benefit at the expense of many. This to me makes sense at a first observation, the concept of rejection is an action againt a "preconceived" idea that the sufferring of many should not benefit a few.

My question: Is your rejection "preconceived" or does it have the ability to alter by adding clarity or additional information? It seams to sound wholly preconceived without the ability to be altered.

For me, the act of "rejection" is not always preconceived, which is the opposite of what Humm, appears to be saying with the statement ..."Consequently, they start with a preconceived idea of what they are looking for, and simply Reject any experience that arises that does not fit their a-priori assumption."...

For me there is "preconceived" rejection and a "learned" rejection. The preconceived rejection appears to be an act of thinking what will happen, verses, a learned rejection being closer to the actual experience.

mj