View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 05:41 AM
Master

Non Duality doesn't exist in the field of words. Because words objectivise things immediately, before the ink dries on the page. So we somehow have to leave behind the world of words if we are to have a direct realisation of the non dual. And we have to do this in a world which completely emphasises the grasping and acquisition of words through its education systems etc. What a dilemma. I don't mean to destroy words, I love words myself, as some kind of poet and songwriter, i adore the sound and song of the written word. But in the realm of seeking, words can merely point and allude at something, at least in the beginning ? But the temptation seems to be to become caught up in them and become a glorious arguer for spiritual truth ? Seems totally absurd in some ways but it fascinates me why people do it, because some of the thought processes and logic i've seen here regarding proofs of all kinds of arguments, from the existence of God to the existence of non existence have been masterpieces in wordery, really high powered intellectual production and yet somehow wrong or partial without having the grace but perhaps more so wisdom to admit that this is the case. Says my great high fuluting self through the medium of words. lol...felt i just had to chip in ...probably a load of bollocks ! lol

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 08-05-2020 at 07:14 AM.