View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
All,

Consider this question a very strange way of asking "If you knew then what you know now, what would you do differently?"

.....and NOW that you know....ARE you using your knowledge, or living life AS IF you know differently....now ?
Oh, yes.

I would've stopped worrying so much about what other people think of me, and trying to seek acceptance and approval through conformity. Sure, I'd like others to see me as kind, trustworthy, and maybe even inspiring in some ways, but I'm not living for it, and not trying to prove myself. So I do the things I feel strongly about, and that help me experience joy, and that have meaning for me, and it's okay if others call me "immature" or "crazy" or insist I have misplaced priorities. They'll understand, eventually.

I would have let go of the standards of performance, progress, and social status that I thought I had to live up to. I believed I had to have the right kind of education, the right job, the right possessions, and have it all on a certain schedule. I spent my 20s and part of my 30s feeling as if I'd failed and fallen behind--but I hadn't, not really.

I would have stopped trying to control or cling to other people out of fear of losing them. All of those losses are illusory; nobody's gone anywhere. We were connected before we met here, and even if they disappear from our earthly experience we're still connected. We can't not be.

I would have understood that the most difficult, painful experiences of my life happened for a reason, and by agreement. They were built into the game so I could have those experiences and learn from them. I can look back on them now and see how important they were, and I am still learning from them, even things I experienced in childhood. So by seeing my life from the perspective of a soul playing a game, I've learned to be grateful for the "negative" experiences, and those who assisted me in having them.

When I was alive, what did I miss most about my life? Connection. Connection to other souls, to the ultimate reality, to my full creative power, to a consciousness without limits. I still miss it, even though by remembering my life while I'm alive it's made things infinitely easier.