View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Lorelyen

I also think it is empowering in a kind of way. At least it tells someone that if they can't be optimistic they won't attract optimistic people/situations. One has to believe in oneself and ways and means to do that aren't always spelled out in any of the texts I've read. Difficult, yes, because the authors aren't the actual people they're addressing and a one-size-fits-all solution doesn't work with spirituality (as religions have found out).

I believe as a law it's flawed. Like only attracts like in the grossest sense like in the optimism/pessimism thing. Love might attract love except...can one "be" love enough to attract it. Love (so I read here often enough) is an etheric energy but it must also be a 'state of being' to comply with the like attracts like law. How does one achieve that state of being? The nearest I can think is someone is at peace, optimistic, emotionally balanced (between pure, intuitive emotional reaction, and intellect) and self-motivating to enjoy all they must do - work, hobbies, spiritual observances etc. One can project what one believes love to be but whether it'll attract love in an identical form (i.e. like=like) is questionable because our individual concepts of love are unique and very different.

Like attracting like seems very rare in the physical world and since our manifesting arises from and is usually about the physical world I can't reckon on the principle ceasing to exist with LOA. In the real world like usually attracts an opposite or is drawn to a void.

Just my reckoning but those who seem more successful at it aren't practicing it at all. They're affirming. They've fixed their focus on something and (properly practiced) those affirmations are guiding their behaviour toward the target. Successful people in the commercial world do this naturally. They stack the odds in ways subtle and otherwise to achieve. Think of someone like Donald Trump. He didn't get where he did (with his huge and rather beautiful building in NY) by buying a book on LOA (or equivalent). He had an aim and single-mindedly pursued it. His affirmation at each stage was "I'm going to do it." "I'm going to get a good deal."

Doesn't matter whether you like Trump or not the principle holds good. Focus, affirm, don't look for results but acknowledge them when they appear and move to the next stage.

I won't self-quote aside from saying that I think I've been fairly successful in my aims. I'm no Trump but a spiritual leaning led to acceptance and use of advice from successful people and observation, all adding up to the same thing. One can buy as many books or teachers as one likes but if the focus and motivation aren't there, including timescales, nothing can proceed. You know what I reckon? Too many people want LOA results without doing any work. Miracles do happen, sure, but most "getting what you want" takes work.

Also, too many people are selling books with wonderful intentions. The road to hell is paved with wonderful intentions. So disappointment/disillusion is often the result. The only teachers of any spiritual use are those who can help us find the signposts, not tell us what we should be doing or which route to take.

But like I say, these are just my views. If someone wants something big then they might have to start in small, manageable stages. Defining what they want and an initial guess at those stages do seem to yield better results.