View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Seeker

I assume you're talking about online computer games (perhaps MMOs?).

It's very easy to get mad in games due to factors outside your control such as lag or other players. Being on the spectrum I have a need to be in control at all times which is not always possible. I'm currently playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time which was an experience in taking a step back and looking at how the game designers wanted me to play instead of trying to force the game to play how I wanted it.

I'd love to know more about the meaning of your vision though it seemed to be some kind of safe release for you which is great.

I'm not sure if you're into affirmations but having browsed that section of the forums just a minute ago I discovered one which may help you:
I tried to post the link but am getting the error that I need to make >=15 posts [which I have done already?] so I'll just give you the video number that you can paste in the address bar over top of another video: v=SWESKYhETmQ - This one is for anxiety but as it is about embracing factors outside your control it may be beneficial

In playing Dark Souls I realised if I let the game anger me I play worse than if I can stay cool, calm and collected.
It really is a very interesting exercise in self control and I definitely need more practice!!

Perhaps take a step back from online games and try to stay in control in a personal space (or singleplayer game), before trying to take it to the next level with those around you?