View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I read this today...

Back in 1839, Dr. Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, a Prussian physicist and meteorologist, discovered that when you introduce tones with certain frequencies into each ear, you could actually entrain the electrical patterns within the brain to resonate in very specific patterns, called brainwave states.

In 1973, ground-breaking researching by Dr. Gerald Oster, a biophysicist, renewed interest in this powerful field of study, laying the foundation for the hundreds of studies conducted since then, boosting the technology‘s significance and importance immeasurably.

http://www.eocinstitute.org/meditation_s/45.htm?gclid=CJnYsbemlKwCFWcZQgodD1-hnQ

It's these discoveries plus investigation of brain wave states that lead to the development of isochronic tones, binaural and monaural beats used for meditation, healing, and many other purposes.

The inner sound current is the organic and original version of this technology.

Xan

Yeah, I'm vaguely familiar with brainwave and binaural stuff . I didn't pursue it or learn more simply because with the inner , I no longer felt like there was anything deeper, more interesting, or more useful to look for . The organic, original, yes, that's a good take; at some point it became clear that all physical sounds are like shadow representations of the original, higher-dimensional-energy sound current . It makes us think about what sound is , both physical sound and this inner energy . Physical sound being vibrations in a medium that conducts the vibrations, which get translated and reconstructed as sound by our brains , but where does the inner sound come from ?. Vibrations on a more subtle, energetic plane , that our consciousness facilitates a kind of overlap with (?) . These vibrations ... do they run along the same neural pathways as external sound? (probably, but the come from 'somewhere else'). I have some questions about this, but knowing the answers isn't as important as tuning in , which of course, can take us to
the higher realms where there aren't so many questions . But I usually fall asleep before I go anywhere except to dreamsville , which can be just as much fun