View Single Post
Old 17-01-2020, 01:25 AM
Master
Any Science or Religion without Truth is both lame AND blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
''This has to include spiritual principles''

You sure? Two examples...

For thousands of years people thought those with epilepsy and mental health issues were possessed by nasty demons. Then modern science began to understand that there are physiological explanations. Second, for thousands of years people believed in creationism, and that all plants and animals were fixed and there at the start. We now know from studies into genetics and fossils that this is not the case, not to mention it would be ecologically impossible.

Science basically doesn't need religion.
When you say they both need Truth what do you mean??

Altair,

Excellent points you've raised, which support my contention that the answers to problems in science and religion come from correcting the perspective which generates its appearance as a problem (TRUTH). To answer your specific question above, I invite you to see what I stated to another SF poster who asked a similar question:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...8&postcount=22

No matter how well stated, 2 +2= 5 will always generate a problem in perspective (error) until the perspective, itself, is corrected to reveal that 2 + 2 = 4, even before the equation is computed.....

"Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things." http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...44&postcount=1

Altair, these perspectives changed my life.

Hope they can help you, too.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 17-01-2020 at 02:13 AM. Reason: clarify inputs