Thread: time travel
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Tera's_Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaR
Hi Tera's Party,
i don't think someone's death could have a worse outcome, don't you agree? if i could prevent that, i would do anything. That's hardly a lesson that I want to keep. So, in this case, yes, I would indeed thank my future self. Small changes in my decisions could have a very dramatic outcome for someone else, to me that is worth it, no matter what.

I often have ethical questions like this pop in my head and I am silly enough try to settle them as best I can. In the case of death I guess this depends on many factors.
On the one hand, you could save someone, but then as a result they may have been meant to die or wanted to die. We just don't know. Also their death could have lead to something that benefited many others as a result.

On the other hand, who's to say who gets to live and die. If I had a time machine I would warn my best friend not to ride his motorcycle that day he was killed. Maybe preventing his death would have only delayed it for a short time anyways.

I personally believe in an afterlife so I believe these bodies are temporary. Who's to say until you have a time machine lol.