View Single Post
Old 17-02-2011, 12:01 AM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
who is it that says the bible is the inspired word of God? another christian??? not exactly an unbiased source...the Word of God is not to be found in ANY book, the Word of God is not a spoken or written word...ive described the literal Word of God a few posts above, if it makes you feel better to get a clue from the bible ( a mere book, written by men, NOT God) then have a look at Acts 2:2, the only spot in the bible that says anything about the Word of God

I said it is the "Inspired" Word of God, that is what the Bible is called. Were you not listening? Check any source that is knowledgeable about the Bible and you will hear the same thing.

...belief is ok as a starting point, but it will never take you to God, better to acquire some knowingness via direct experience to do that...fundamentalism is the one thing that deprives persons of ANY religion or path from the heart of God, which means they CHOOSE to deny themselves access to God...

No, merely reading a great book such as the Holy Bible will not take one to God. But becoming a Born Again Christian as I have will! So, what's your excuse?

And you are not correct in that fundamentalism deprives one from the heart of God. If one did not believe in the fundamental teachings of God, they would more than likely not proceed to become Born Again which is what the Bible teaches is the only way into Heaven despite what heathens and others think. The word of God cannot be denied. So try as you may, and I'm sensing a great deal of intolerance from you here, God knows exactly who we are who are Born Again and grants us access to Him at anytime we wish to speak with Him in prayer. He does listen and grants many prayers I am very happy to report! What is sad is that others don't want to believe in Jesus, yet feel they can enter into Heaven just as well when clearly they will not without turning their life over to Him first. But they keep on believing that lie that they will, and that is what is so sad about it because it concerns their spirit and soul and not attaining Heaven can never be a good thing. But if that's what they want, that's their choice.

Have a good day!