View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Is our version of god...
Yes, very much so. There is a reason why nobody asks if burning witches is still a viable option. Neither do I see threads with people discussing our flat earth, the sun orbiting our planet, or the topic of sacrificing goats to appease the heavens. The reason for that has much to do with human consciousness having evolved in the past many thousands of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So generally we inhabit a self contained fantasy... we're floating, perceptually, on artificially created clouds.
If I understand what you're suggesting here as it applies to spiritual-beliefs, I'd say it's more this way: When people come to understand that Dark Age-era belief structures and consciousness forms are no longer relevant, the first response is a kind of nihilistic distancing from all things of a tenet/doctrine nature. It's like someone who's been burned in a relationship and then claims love stinks. No, there are in fact expressions of love that are quite healthy and very real. Love isn't the problem; the problem is the way one goes about forming a relationship to questions about love.

Last edited by Baile : 12-06-2017 at 03:47 PM.