View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Master

My reading time at the moment is devoted to The Presence of the Past a book by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake a biochemst from Cambridge University (UK) who is well-known for his tendency to conflict with general sciences in his search for, to put it simply, why things have forms. He also wrote The Science Delusion and A New Science of Life. See youtube.

I like to read his works because here is a man who would I think, say something like 'don't be so dogmatic' when observing scientific conclusions.

This is actually what I would also say having been subjected (if that's the right word) to a number (16) of quite startling experiences in my life. Three of these moments have been sufficient to persuade me - without a doubt - that life goes on afer death in some way. One: my step-father died in the night 1000 kilometres away but told me and showed me within seconds or minutes how happy he was (dead). Two: my late wife appeared to me (of all places in the kitchen) as a 'shimmer' about ten weeks after her death. Three: I experienced a shattering understanding of the oneness of everything in a moment of unbelievable synchronicity high on the sides of Mount Etna in Sicily.

Naturally those people who have never lived through such moments, whatever they may be, can well brush the experiences of others aside. Life however does seem to me to be a place to give cause to ponder, and as the scope available (to ponder) is so immense it can probably be said that all is true. As this knowledge is universal it doesn't need a mathematician to explain life.

And yes, I am personally convinced that as science progresses we'll make discoveries in many thousands of years, which will give us the proof we need to see that life isn't or wasn't just an accident. Sheldrakes 'Morphic Fields' are just a start.