View Single Post
Old 24-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity69
There's A BBC4 Programme About The Bermuda Triangle On Tonight At 21:00

Professor Bruce Denardo attempts to prove whether there is any truth behind the legend of the Bermuda Triangle, where many ships and planes have disappeared in mysterious circumstances. New investigation techniques reveal the truth behind the infamous disappearance of Flight 19. Graham Hawkes is also able to reveal, by using a state-of-the-art submarine, how five wrecks mysteriously wound up 730 feet down in the heart of the Bermuda Triangle.

Did you watch the documentary? Thoughts?

I watched it and was disappointed. The focus was on one incident (some planes went missing), which didn't get solved, I may be remembering this wrongly, but I think they found a different set of planes underwater.

They did give the methane theory for the sinking of ships - large volume of gas is released from underground, makes a hole when reaches surface, sucks in surrounding water + floating items.

Did not explain what causes navigational equipment to malfunction.

Did not really explore the Bermuda Triangle in the submarine, the only went like 300m from the Cuban coastline and found some plane debris.

I would have liked to have seen a more extensive search of the ocean floor in the submarine, along with some actual evidence of the methane theory and an explanation of magnetic disturbance.

No wonder it was only on BBC4, too rubbish a documentary for BBC1 or 2.