View Single Post
Old 18-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Haha I think I kinda get what you're saying. And I think I should probably spend a little less time on here too, instead of walking several miles away from camp this week to mooch wi-fi. But this is the only place I can discuss these kinds of things. Only a select few people I know in-person aren't slightly unnerved by me, and those few that are comfortable around me still don't like talking about whole supernatural/spiritual thing.

My grandma and uncle love such conversations, and my boyfriend is also a very spiritual person, but he's been absolutely traumatized by the supernatural and tries to avoid the topic. So I visit SF instead. Mostly for reassurance that I'm not entirely insane, because I have experienced some freaky stuff.

I think I might be getting signs/hints to check out this church. It's down the past the cornfields by my mother-in-law's house, named Mt. Zion or something else with Zion. Have no idea what they're about though.

Then my mother-in-law received a magazine/pamphlet-type-thing in the mail last month, sent by the Friends Of Zion; no clue if they're connected to the church down the street at all. But the Friends Of Zion use the Living Bible, which is a tad too modern for my taste. Except for the Reach Out Living New Testament from 1969 that a friend gave me a few weeks ago.
It reminds me of the time I got sucked in by the Lion of Zion - Haile Selassie and I spent a good year of my life studying the Hebrew Hexateuch (the first six books of the Bible), smoking heaps of ganga and listening to Bob Marley...ah the 'good old days of my rastafarian bent'.

In the end, I couldn't become a Christian because the rest of the Bible just didn't exist - everything that was important happened in the first 6 chapters of it and it seemed like everything else was added as an 'afterthought'.

Speaking of which, herb is good....I should really get my head out of my backside and just go and do it - makes me more 'bearable' and even 'likable'.