View Single Post
Old 27-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?

Centered,

Why are we even here? A simple question, but so basic and relevant, that we might hesitate to attempt to answer. My two cents: We are here on a treasure hunt. I am reminded of the chorus of an old song....."I was lookin' for love in all the wrong places....Lookin' for love in too many faces....". Our 'treasure hunt' is the search for the divine.....that is the love that we are looking for whether we recognize it or not. Anytime that we find love(as we know and experience it in whatever form it takes) we can attest and acknowledge that it gives meaning to our lives. The ultimate source of love is the divine. In the microcosmic sense it is life-changing.....in the macrocosmic sense it is world-changing(as well as life-changing). This discovery of the divine and the journey to that discovery and its potential is why I believe we are even here.