View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Namaste Necro, no worries hope you enjoy reading it, i liked it. Lol i understand what you are saying in your second post, i get it, honestly the first time i read this book a while ago it sounded very cool to me, but i didn't understand it all.. so i went and sat in meditation with the intention of understanding it.

I dropped everything i thought about myself, name, race, personal identity ect... everything, i became nothing which then was everything it was awareness/consciousness and it was the same awareness/consciousness that is everywhere just looking from another point of view, dogs, bugs, trees, people ect... then i thought if i am all this then that means i created everything? houses, cars, buildings, planets, situations, gave birth to all the people and animals. I had already had experiences before similar to this though, but this one was bigger, another thing that hit me was i have been praying to myself all this time calling out to myself for help. My words don't do it justice when i try to explain this i don't really know how to explain it... these things just have to be experienced and felt i guess, im sure alot of people on this forum have had similar experiences aswell.

Plus i also think that even when we have things like this happen, it's not like thats it, you realize these things and thats it, we then still go back to life and being "you" and doing stuff but now we also have a bigger picture and it can be helpful in life.

Mooji also says in another video that this book is not like a book of teachings it was more of a spontaneous expression from a being in that state.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.

Hmmm...how can I say this...

I have a beautiful painting of Lord Shiva on my bedroom wall. It seems to just jump out of the canvas in richness and texture, like it is alive and the detail in it is just so close to perfection.

Sometimes, but not often (because the whole experience is just way too intense for me), I will light a candle in front of that picture and go into a specific form of Dharana called Trataka on the whole picture itself.

I will sit there, for 15-20 minutes at first, just gazing at it...and then I will totally open my heart up to the whole presence behind it...what the picture represents...that beautiful, divine being who has totally stolen my heart and soul away and I just let Him do it again...as if He hasn't done it a hundred times already, but each time it happens, the feelings of love just go way deeper and then tears start pouring out...tears of bhakti...tears of unconditional love in full surrender.

I gaze at His painting through these tears...offering my existence at his feet...just allowing it to happen...and I start to tremble...often I will shake violently and then the trance hits...

It's like the painting disappears...the candle disappears...the room in which I am sitting disappears...the world outside disappears...my body disappears...and before I can say "what the hell...?" my mind also just disappears...and I may as well not be there...in fact I doubt that I am, but that love...the love...the peace...the joy...it is totally incredible, like an effulgence of all these positive emotional qualities existing simultaneously and what I am (if there is any "I") is totally no different TO that!

I can only stay in that full awareness for a few minutes, before the mind looks at it and goes "awesome!!...brilliant!!...amazing!!...how totally cool is THIS?" and as soon as that thought arises, I am bumped back into the room, in front of that picture of Shiva and the candle...and He is smiling at me, going "did you like that...did you?...I know you did...I love you so much" and me just prostrating totally going "yeah, you know it...you know it!...Om Namah Shivay...OM NAMAH SHIVAY!"

...and so, that is what this is like for me.