View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Master
For example, we'll take the phrase "you are Shiva".

So, Shiva must exist as apart from what I am in order for me to be Shiva, right?

Also, why name a state of consciousness (Brahman) after a Puranic God which has forms and attributes?

Why not just let the Deva be the Deva and Brahman just be Ananda or Bliss...or even Satchitananda - Truth, Consciousness, Bliss?

Of course, all that can be attained through the worship of Shiva, who only represents that state of consciousness on a microcosmic level:

Purusha + Prakriti = Purusha

So the name/form which is said to be who "I am" which there is clearly a distinction between, leads me to a place where I am totally NOT!...I am not there...Shiva is not there...only bliss is there.

So, how can I be Shiva when there is no "I" and there is no "Shiva" there is only "being" and "existing" without being aware that I am?

In that moment, upon retrospection OF it (because thought does not exist inside of it) everything just IS regardless of a 'Shiva' and that includes who/what I am, because I totally lose my sense of individuality...of personality and any sense of being an "I" whatsoever.

It's also like Shiva is the door/window into this whole other state of existence for me...like I need to go through Shiva to get there and so how can I be that door/window?

These are my whole issues/concerns with Brahman.