View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

I have done an "edit" on this thread and cleaned out the back and forth chatter that was well endless. I have opened it again with "cautions" that if you agree to disagree its all good, get a room comes to mind, but it seems that sharing a room is not an option. That is why a hotel has many "rooms" for peace and quiet.

There was a real feeling of non duality in perfect existence in this thread. Going forwards keep the topic clear and remember that not all will see it "your way" there is no right and wrong and no "King of the Mountain" as we all know well that a King without his followers (note S) as he needs more than one to rule a Kingdom.

Lynn
SF Admin

A Nondualistic Duality?

As per the teaching of Vedanta, there is a witness (the self, pure awareness, the void, nothingness) and the witnessed (thoughts, senses, form, somethingness).

That is seen as a duality which must be resolved, right? As in, the witness and the witnessed are not two but one. Like the screen and the light hitting it are not two things but one.

That's fine, I love that resolution of nonduality.

But what if I resolved it a different way. What if I said that the witness cannot even count as another one because it is literally nothingness? So the witness and the witnessed is not a duality. It's not one and another one. It's one and nothing else. Therefore not two. It's a nondualistic duality... Only if you count "nothingness" to be a "something" can it be referred to as a duality.