View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
You can answer me based on what you practice - tell me what you practice and tell me by that you dont have to make a statment for all types of qigong just what is true for yours

I just watch qi gong youtube videos and do them (no money for a teacher) - i did 8 brocades for example - 5 elements and more videos i dont remember their names now

just want to know from peopel what are their views on this - and if someone can tell me why you need to do more than one or one is beneficial or why do they do the "ending" move after each type of move etc that would be very helpful to me

Ok i'll try and help you
First I would suggest you stick to one Form until you can do it yourself from memory, to many different one's will confuse a beginner.
The eight brocade is a very easy and beautiful Form to start with, if you practise this for about six months it will set you on a path to start learning another.
Learn one movement at a time, do it as many times a day as you want until you can do it without looking at your video, move on to the next when you feel comfortable.
Qigong is about quality, not quantity and ten mins each day done properly is better than hours done incorrectly.
As I said while you are first learning do each move as many times as you want but when you learn the moves by memory then it's best to do each move 3 times, you start on an in breath and finish the whole form on an out breath, you flow from one move to the next, breathing in... out.... Qigong means ' controlling the breath '
Hope this helps... PM me if you get stuck, I teach Qigong.