View Single Post
Old 30-04-2013, 06:05 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braiellen
Fear - not really. A bit of frustration - yes. I know and understand protective practices and appreciate your advice, Amy.
Perhaps I've said too much on this thread or not explained well enough. The thread is too long, I admit. I was just looking for someone to understand and hoping to find others who have had similar experiences since childhood. I rarely have the opportunity to talk about it to others and it's nice to do so sometimes.. perhaps just for reassurance. I'm sure there are readers who know what I'm talking about who may be reluctant to reply... which is okay and I think I understand why.

Unfortunately, this thread has turned into a negative thing. I didn't mean for it to take this direction, but see what's occurring... as do many others.

OoH... try to be nice. You're bringing negativity to yourself. Step away, take some deep breaths and don't take it personal.
Negative begets negative and positive begets positive. Try the positive route sometime and don't be so judgmental. It's a pretty wonderful thing.
As for the historical opinions... read more. You're missing a much larger picture regarding a subject that is tragic and heartbreaking.
Let it go... please.
Or, at least start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
Muchos gracias
I hope you find others with similar experiences to your own here. You may have more success by entering this info in the relevant category section.

Threads often go off topic. It was already veering off topic before I posted here. So, for my part in the derailment, I apologise (as I have done earlier). I had no idea that, by innocently mentioning an association/understanding that it would have such a negative and unnecessarily provocative response. I fully expected just a "yes, so what?" kind of reply, i.e. confirmation of what he said (that everyone can check out as being the case). What can I say? I'm sorry it happened on your thread.