View Single Post
Old 25-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Mathew

The funny thing about the ego

The funny thing about the ego: This is a huge derrrrr on my part but it is funny how these things just come to me at the right time, synchronicity is a strange occurrence if you believe in it or not as it’s a fact of life for us all especially to those who are in tune.

OK I ruffle a lot of feathers at times, why? I don’t do it intentionally but quite by chance. This is where I’ve been a little wrong in what I have been saying about studying &/or reading on certain subjects like spirituality.

I have been on the forum of five sites, one science four spiritual, on all these sites I have said that if you read too much you’re blocking the inner knowing from coming forth & that was basically it which has caused a huge ruckus especially on the science site so you could imagine. This is the derrr factor on my part, it’s not the excessive reading of such material that’s the problem it’s the ego that comes along with it.

The more we read the bigger our ego gets consciously &/or subconsciously because you know you know what you know, it becomes quite obvious you know more than most others around you, this has caused instant denial & confrontational deliberations towards me because I didn’t elaborate enough. It’s quite obvious it would cause confrontation but why to the extent it has? Simple, the ego!!

Now I have been called a lot of different things on these sites one just recently was a know it all which psychologically says that the person saying this has quite a big ego problem because they are in denial of what I know because of their ego quite obviously. I have also said that I have had certain spiritual experiences but I say I haven’t read or studied a lot, this is going to hurt the ego even further.

This is the important part: Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have the ego to contend with. I know egotistical people are going to say that I have an ego problem; of course you will say that as it’s your ego making you think this way of others. My problem isn’t the ego but lack of confidence which can be as big a problem as the ego at times as all people with a disability suffer with this to some extent some time in their lives.

Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me & of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!! The following is really going to upset some these people: I’ve worked in jobs able people wouldn’t do because it was too hard but what they didn’t realise is that I worked in these jobs with a fully dislocated elbow, I hid it quite well until I had a break down at work, it just came on me just like that.

Now if anyone who has had a broken bone or a dislocation would know the pain involved so how did I cope? Just by being in touch but as soon as I lost touch it was all too much for me & I know some of you will know what I mean when I say in touch.

This all seems like a heap of rubbish & of course I wouldn’t blame you for thinking that but believe me it’s true because I’m not the only one who has gone through this sort of stuff by far, in actual fact to some I’ve experienced nothing.

In all I’m sorry that I didn’t elaborate a little better when saying if you read too much you’re blocking the inner knowing from coming forth, I am but a mere human being after all!!!!

What’s now happening on this site is an ego battle; some just don’t want to accept others experiencing more than them or it goes against their idealism’s. We really do need to look inside ourselves before commenting to see why we are commenting in such a way!! The thing to remember is the more we know the more egotistical one can get, we need to all try to remember this.

Love all
Mathew