View Single Post
Old 14-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
My initial feeling on the explanation you gave up front was that it could simply be the need for an energy change. The pictures confirmed it for me. You've probably heard of feng shui, the art of setting a room (for example) up so that energy can travel through effortlessly, rather than get trapped and become stagnant. Think of it like water in a river. The water that gets trapped in a pool on the bank for example becomes undrinkable. Energy also acts like this. So, having stagnant energy can make a room or house etc. feel very off. It can make a corner or back room feel like it's trying to suck you in, or at least very creepy. The best way to create positive energy is obviously with light, but movement is also very important. Mirrors are a good way to do this. The room opens up dramatically when mirrors are present, and the movement of your reflection helps to push the energy back when it would normally sit there. Also, light candles in the room when you are present. I suggest lavendar, both for the smell and it's spiritual cleansing effects. Make sure you do not put furniture or clutter in pathways. Keep things open so they flow. An aquarium is a good idea...to bring 'life' in. Track lighting is an instant plus, and quickly raises the quality of any room. Stay away from commercial white type lights, and use warm/soft yellows for warmth. Lastly, try some bold colors. The more you have contrast, the better. Bold accents like dark reds or dark yellows that aren't over used are good balanced with some neutral paints. The window coverings are a good place for this. I could go on forever, but check out some before and after photos when googling feng shui for some ideas. I've had a basement before, so I know how this can be.