View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
I've concluded the three Reiki degrees one year ago, but I have been a long time without appropriately using it (with appropriately I mean the right 14 positions, during the recommended time).

Hi Leah85!

As always, Innerlight has provided some great perspective.

You always have Reiki available. It only ever take 2 things for Reiki... The first is to be attuned and the second is your intention.

You have been attuned so all you need to do now is to focus your intention. The symbols hold no power, in and of themselves. However, you have been attuned to them and they should help you to focus your intention.

My suggestion is to first and foremost relax. You have not "lost" the ability but it sounds like you have lost some focus. My next suggestion is to start a daily program of self treatment, works great just before sleep. Do the 21 day program as Inns suggested and see how things feel after that :)

As far as what you call the "right" hand positions, well, the fact is that you could just put your hands anywhere and be fine. Reiki goes where it is needed so you are not "messing it up" if you free form. The hand positions are fine when I teach the class and for those that have limited confidence in their own intuition but I find that the overwhelming majority of past students and other RMT's tend to follow their own intuition rather than proscribed hand positions.

So, relax, start a daily routine, focus your intention and try not to drift, and just let go of expectations and I believe that you will re-experience the feeling

Last edited by EmergingPath : 05-10-2010 at 05:28 AM.