View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
One of the reasons why I'm not going to have my next life take place in the future (i.e. the late 21st century or early 22nd century), is because parents aren't raising their kids right. Just go on any social media website and you'll see some nasty comments, filled with nothing but hate, negativity, racism, sexism, trolling, and/or cyberbullying. It's getting really bad, folks! I don't even think we'll be around for another hundred years, with the way things are going. You can all try to be as optimistic as possible but I think mankind is doomed and there's nothing to save us, this time! Social media has sealed our fate! Some of the things we have done cannot be forgiven. Yes, history is full of that. But I feel that social media has just made it a lot worse than before!

At least reincarnating back in time (i.e. 1988) would give me a second chance to prevent this bad timeline from happening. I could try to prevent 9/11, but I doubt I'd succeed without psychic powers. There's really no point of going into the future, within this reality. I really want to change the outcome of the events that happened from the late 20th century to now, in another timeline. I think it would be for the better. That's why I love time travel movies! It gives people the chance to alter the future, for the better or the worse. No wonder the Back To The Future trilogy is so loved by everyone! Who wouldn't want a second chance to change the outcome of something bad that happened? You'd have to be insane to decline something like that! I mean, if you had the chance to kill Adolf Hitler, before he rose to power, would you do it; of course you would!

Social media is just like any other tool. It can be used for both good and bad. I choose to use my Facebook for cat videos haha. That said, I can understand your frustrations with it. That’s why I quit all mine save the Facebook I use for friends and family. I don’t add random people and delete people if they get too crazy on me. Maybe you could try the same?

Messing with the future/past would be pointless and let me tell you why I think that. Let’s use Adolf Hitler for example. You’d like to kill him before he rise to power. Let’s say you did. But all you did was deprive him of that particular choice, and choice, the law of cause and effect is how souls learn. If you kill him, most likely he’d just do the same thing in another timeline. there’s even a chance it’ll be worse since some timelines would not be equipped to handle what he did. He has to become aware of the uncool things he did—in order to finally do something about them and for a great many souls, there’s a lot of trial and error.

There’s also the real possibility some other wannabe dictator would have done something similar instead. Without our knowledge of Hitlers cruelty and political maneuvering, we would be less able to recognize and shut the wannabe down.

Last edited by Shinsoo : 08-12-2017 at 03:55 AM.