View Single Post
Old 14-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Cool story. Truly with respect if I may ask.You stated as above that you have been diagnosed with borderline schizophrenia, and that you also worked as a medium.My question is how do you know that what you experienced as a medium were not illusions from schizophrenia? (i.e voices that only you can hear, touching that only you can feel, images that only you can see etc). Or that anyone that has spiritual experiences isn't in fact having illusions from mental illness?

If I may chime in...

I've never had the experience of hearing voices, but I did have telepathic communication with entities, or deities rather. Such communication is rather unreliable and often prone to misunderstanding, as well as wishful thinking. Often you only get thoughtforms, images, intentions and emotions, which you must then try to put into human language as best as you can. It is not dissimilar to poetic inspiration, but there are certain signs that it is more than that and an outside person is involved, from whom the message originates.

In my case, telepathic communication is the least of it, there is a physical presence, including touch and an exchange of energy, though the deities in question are non-physical, they still have a form that can be best described as liquid light held in shape by an electromagnetic field. The sense of touch is still just as real as that coming from any physical person.

This is still only a subjective perception of one person. It becomes an objective reality, when other people perceive the same thing. This has happened to me a few times, whereby the deities I interact with visited others, touched them, spoke to them, performed healing or energy work on them etc... That was the point I knew for sure it wasn't just all in my head. Still wouldn't satisfy a strict empricist-materialist type such as Richard Dawkins, but it's good enough for me.