View Single Post
Old 14-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Master

I think there is this thought that 'being spiritual' means having certain desirable feelings, along with 'right' relationships with others.

These kinds of things are usually denied to those who are mentally ill... but at the same time it seems that what IS accessible to such people is a vast improvement over what the more 'normal' people are stuck with. In terms of true spirituality... because almost by definition you are going to be called mentally ill if you have certain shall we say experiences that others don't have and then try to share them... so the mentally lot is full of people who sense more...

That said, it still sucks that one doesn't get the 'right' feelings and it sucks even more that ones relationships with others are all screwed up. If I had a choice in the matter I suppose I would choose 'normalcy' as well and just ignore this lot... but I don't get that choice so I'm stuck exploring the unexplorable... I do find it somewhat compelling when I'm not ruminating over what I lost to get here...