View Single Post
Old 25-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
There is a marvelous book about what happens after enlightenment that feels very genuine to me called The End of Your World by Adyashanti. What he describes shows how serious an endeavor enlightenment is - that it really is the end of your (the individual you know yourself to be) world. As he describes it is a process, for most the ego doesn't instantly evaporate after the first enlightenment experience but diminishes and deconstructs over time with periods of union inbetween. And about the personal question for me, it is one I've been very conflicted about all of my life ever since I understood the option. Part of me is profoundly drawn towards this merge and another part of me still wants to hold onto "me" and to make my story turn out okay. I go back and forth between these two poles. So I have never gotten to 100% yes, but I think one day I will.

Thank you for drawing my attention to Adyashanti.

As to the bolded part: perhaps the reason you want to make your story turn out okay is that you promised you would try before you reincarnated. See Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton.