View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Master

I want to chime in as a "potty mouth" person. My current boss has a great attitude of chivalry and respect. He swears, but when a female is present, he will always apologise for his language. Or ask us to cover our ears in advance.

There is something about that, it really made me feel like a lady, someone respected and it gave me a great sense of dignity.

I notice when I'm not swearing, how much stronger I feel within myself, the simple exercise of control over my language I think pervades through my psyche.

I've been super busy at work, the language has not been atrocious but there has been more than the odd expletive and my boss has ceased to apologise for his language in front of me. And i miss that, it made me feel special and of value. I need to get it back on track.

So thanks for this reminder. We do each other a huge service in terms of respecting them and ourselves to be mindful of our language. And, it sparks a creativity within us, a very pure creativity to think of delightful ways of expressing ourselves without diminishing our language (which I would argue is good for the sacral chakra).