View Single Post
Old 14-04-2012, 05:15 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

It is my believe--concerning underage participants of SF--that the responsibility lies with their parents.

Parents should be involved with the online participation of their children and have frank and open discussions with their young ones--regarding the SpiritualBeliefs of their own family unit.

I (personally) would not allow my 14 year old to visit message boards of any kind--because people are apt to post their individual views.

I raised (5) children and was completely involved in their music, television, movie, video game, and internet choices--until they came of age and left home.

That being said--I have read the entire thread (in question) and still maintain that (IMO) no one has advocated suicide.

Many have chosen to live lives and pursue careers that place them outside the general idea of safety and prudent lifestyles.

Our Firefighters, Police Officers, and Military Personnel--to name a few--place their lives and the futures of their children in jeopardy--in the line of duty--everyday.

Some would see this as a death wish.

How about people like Evil Kenievel? He could definitely be classified as an adrenaline junkie and yet he was a person who was considered to be a public attraction and I can remember the whole family crowding around the Tv. whenever he would perform one of his "Death Defying Feats".

The point I am trying to make here is that anyone of these careers could be seen as suicidal in nature and it is up to parents to do the job of policing their children and instilling their own perspective and values in them--until they are old enough to decide for themselves.

It is up to the Moderators of SF to decide what constitutes the encouragement of suicide and draw the appropriate boundary lines--then the rest of us will have to abide by their decision as long as we wish to remain as members of this wonderful and enlightening Forum.

I have made many connections and friends in my (3) plus years here. I have been able to offer kindness, friendship, and assistance to some. I have received the same from others.

Concerning the point of this thread--I still maintain that no one has been encouraged to harm themselves in any way--in my humble opinion.

Peace and Love on the path of forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...