View Single Post
Old 27-05-2018, 01:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Okay Torgo, so most of the vegan/veggie stuff doesn't suit you? Well the way I see it, so long as you are eating good wholesome plain home cooked food with veggies that do suit you, and staying away from yeasts and sugar you will be good.
But there is lots of hidden sugar in foods like pizza for instance. Can you imagine why sugar has to be in pizza?? No neither can I. I can't imagine why sugar has to be in non-sweet things anyway.
It's one thing to eat sugar when you know you are doing that and accept it....but in savoury food? Weird.

So stick to simple home cooking, even if you eat meat and fish. I don't think there would be any problem regarding yeast with meat and fish, eggs, etc. And certainly not with potatoes, rice, buckwheat and quinoa (?) probably not. But I don't know everything about it. Stay away from yeast-based stock cubes, gravies etc. Some breads are okay like probably chappatis etc. (Unleavened bread)

Is cheese not allowed? I don't know. As that has neither yeast nor sugar I can't see it would do much harm. You can actually make your own pizzas using a chapatti as a base! Then some sugar free tomato paste, cheese, and lots of veggies. But I am unsure about mushrooms. And I am unsure about processed meats like pepperoni etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think they say to avoid dairy and things like mushrooms because they are fungal/mold prone. I remember when I attempt to do this before, practically everything was off-limits that had any carbohydrates or sugars attached to them, as well as foods that were high in mold content.

I have no problem eating vegetables. In fact, I've always liked vegetables but have hated fruit. So that's an easy thing to do there, because fruit isn't allowed on this type of diet.

I don't mind if I have to eat vegetable soup all day long. But I was just hoping to see if there were any other suggestions on other foods/recipes to eat. I really don't care to eat too much meat. Besides, it is too expensive to have meat every day, let alone at every meal. But from what I remember, it's basically a meat and vegetable type of way of eating. But if you're vegan or vegetarian, you're basically stuck with just eating vegetables, because you have to severely limit nuts, seeds, and legumes, because they are prone to mold and fungus, which is to be avoided on this diet. Besides, I have a very bad sensitivity to those things anyway, especially legumes. And I probably have a sensitivity to these things, because I have an overgrowth of yeast and/or fungus in my body I suppose.

During this time, I also tried the GAPS diet, which is somewhat similar to the anti-candidaS diet. But I had to stop because I felt like I was turning into a bottle of ammonia. I literally could smell ammonia coming from my pores. It was too much meat and bone broth for me. I didn't feel well on it after a while. And I could barely get past the beginning stages where you're introduced to eggs. Sadly, I think I have a sensitivity to them as well, too. Maybe just the whites, and not the yolk. But I remember going on it and the book saying that you need to keep staying in the beginning stages if you have sensitivities to the foods that are slowly introduced. I think I was eating only boiled meat, sauerkraut, boiled squash, and lots of bone broth or something, for a couple of weeks and feeling like I needed to stop the diet or I was going to become very ill. I was drinking tons of Gerolsteiner mineral water, too.