View Single Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Love is it.
God is also light and when we are exposed to light we become aware of things we couldn't see before. Here is the experience of a prophet of God who was given a vision of God.
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!"
Isaiah 6:1-5 ESV

This was a prophet who was already serving him and yet when he saw God's glory he also saw himself as a sinner. This is what all of us would experience if we could see God in the same way we did.

Quote:
You want to live in guilt, sin, and fear, have at it. It's your life. Just stop trying to pull others into your pit.
All of us are by nature in a state of sin and guilt and if we don't also experience fear it is only because we don't understand our condition. I am not trying to pull you into a pit. I am trying to show you that you are already in one and that God has provided a way for you to escape from it.