View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 AM
shinenz

I believe we choose our parents/this life etc. I wish I could remember more, or maybe I haven't simply tried the right way. I clearly remember seeing my mother in labour, I was above her, just sitting ( well hovering kind of) and waiting patiently, with great sense of calmness. So I obviously knew what I was about to enter/do for the next 79yrs on this planet. Why I say 79, is I have already seen and recently passed, my half way point in life. I'm not meeting all my life's challenges head on, sometimes opting to avoid difficult decisions that could cause major upheaval. So whilst I am aware of some lessons I need to learn, others have passed, and some yet to come. My sister is downs syndrome, i'm sure her, our family all had something to learn from this. My sister isn't unhappy, and whilst I have been around physically/mentally challenged people through out my life, in either a home environment, or my working life ..... I tend to think that yes this could very well have been a chosen path for this life. I'm sure the valuable lessons we learn, or don't learn have a very significant outcome for us