View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
What similarities? You can arrange the A,C,G, and T's in different ways to encode different messages. Is this what you mean? You must be using a really low level programming language if you're still programming bit by bit.

Kepler - I am definitely not programming in a low level language : I am coding in C#, a true 3GL. But as anyone who does program understands, that C# code gets compiled into MSIL or CIL code, which gets encoded as 1's and 0's. That is all a CPU can really understand or process - binary code. No matter how advanced or powerful the language is, it is all translated into 1's and 0's ultimately.

I was just about to write out some lengthy explanation, but alas, I already did that on a website I had awhile back - enjoy...

"As a programmer, I find it fascinating how closely the logic behind the building blocks of the genetic code resemble the binary language understood by computers. Binary is a language with only two symbols - 1 and 0 - and long sequences of these two numbers interpreted by computers are responsible for everything you see and experience while surfing the web, building a spreadsheet, or playing a video game. Using only a 1 and a 0, it is possible to represent four different values: 00, 01, 10, and 00. It's evident that the components of the genetic code could be easily represented in binary using only two numbers, or "bits" as they are referred to in computing terminology. So, in theory, the information stored in DNA could be represented in a format that we now use to store and transmit other complex information. In that sense, DNA is a kind of biological, genetic program, hence the widely used "genetic code" terminology.

What I find so captivating about all of this is how similar DNA and it's components and functions (as related to humans) are to software and the computers that run it. If my computer is not able to edit photos, I can simply load some graphic editing software onto it, and I then have the capability to do what I wish to do. An article that can be reached by a link on thehiddencode homepage entitled "Genetic Upgrade" explains how scientists have discovered that a variation in a gene that arose almost 6000 years ago seems to have provided the human species with the capacity to increase brain size. Continuing with the allegory - homo sapiens wanted to increase their brain size, so a new gene was loaded into us, and now homo sapiens have the capability to do what they want to do. This is, of course, an oversimplified example, but the spirit of the idea is strikingly accurate. If it were not, scientists wouldn't even imagine gene therapy or similar treatments. The reader is invited to do some self study about the subject of DNA and find out for yourself how fascinating the genetic code really is.

Of course, this brings us to the crux of this matter - how did these genetic variations, specifically the ones that led to the higher cognitive abilities of our species - arise? Many evolutionists and other scientists argue that natural selection and other neatly explainable circumstances led to our unique abilities. While I believe there is some truth to this, I find it difficult to believe that the action of impartial forces such as evolution and natural selection would result in these abilities manifesting in only one of the billions of different species that have inhabited this planet since its appearance in the universe."

And yes, I may have made a false analogy. But I think the point I am trying to make is very clear. If you disagree, I honor and respect that - as I would hope you honor and respect mine. Just because one believes in something more, or that there is a good chance there was some purposeful design in all this does not automatically make that person less intelligent, as so many evolutionists and materialists believe. I am thinking and hoping that you are not one of them my friend : )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev

PS - I tried to post a link to the Science magazine article I referenced, but couldn't yet, so Google this and you might find it : 'ASPM, a Brain Size Determinant in Homo sapiens'