View Single Post
Old 20-06-2011, 02:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird
Thank you so much for your kind words It has made me cherish my mum all the more and I find myself asking her all about her life now, from when before I was born, as I just want to know everything about her, as she too is a wonderful person.

I hope you have many more happy years spent with your dad :)

SS Thank you :)

tragblack My thoughts go out to you too today

Thank you, Free Bird. We lost my Mom just after Christmas on Dec. 28th. Although she had a condition that could and would eventually take her life, there was no crisis to warn us of her sudden demise. It was unexpected and hit us all very hard, most especially Dad. Imagine having been coupled from the time they were teenage boyfriend and girlfriend (he 16, she 14) and being life-mates all those years! They'd had 68 wedding anniversaries.. did not quite make it to 70. For Dad, this was a blow we feared he could not recover from, and it was touch and go there for awhile, but his faith pulled him through and though we all miss mom intensely and recognize that there's a part of Dad that longs to join her in eternity, still we love and adore him and are loath to lose our last parent. We too pray we have several more good years with him, but we're very aware of the ephemeral nature of life here in 3-D physicality, so we're not taking any chances! We spend as much quality time with him as possible, and we're grateful for every second! I don't know how I'll bare it when he leaves.....