View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Knower
Dreamt about killing a stranger, who then turned into a friend

I just woke up incredibly disturbed by a dream.

At the start, I was in a car parked in a suburb. Someone was giving me orders, it seemed I was some sort of hitman. I left the car and crossed the road, and there was some strange creature in the way. It seemed to be wearing a top hat, constantly smiling way too wide, and had long blades attached to it’s hands. It teleported around as we fought, but then I struck a fatal blow and it disappeared.

I then arrived at a church hall, where my target was attending an antiques auction. I tried to sneak in at first, but it was too crowded, too much risk of innocents getting involved. I left and came back later, to see my target, a portly middle aged man, sitting in one of the church pews alone. He knew I was there and why, and seemed to accept his fate. He requested that he could die outside, a request I granted. We walked a while, and then I shot him multiple times in the head with some kind of rifle. He didn’t die quickly though. He remained in good spirits throughout. When I finally made what we both sensed to be the last shot, in the blink of an eye he turned into one of my friends, who was killed instantly. I was also suddenly in my own home. My housemate had heard the noise and could hear him panicking through a door, so I fled to my own room as our house messaging group filled up with fearful inquiries as to what happened.

I woke up feeling very shaken.

I tried to google the meaning, but it was sorta unclear. I bear no ill will towards the person I killed in the dream. Most interpretations say that my friend who I killed has been through hard times recently, and may be in need of support. That’s certainly true. But what does it mean that it was at first a stranger? The creature I feel may simply be something similiar to a video game i’ve Been playing recently, but why it was chucked into this dream and whether it has any meaning I don’t know.

Any help interpreting this would be appreciated.