View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Master
Azuly-

I didn't do this earlier because I was sure you had already looked it up, but here are just a few of the interpretations of raven:

"The raven is symbolic of mind, thought and wisdom according to Norse legend, as their god Odin was accompanied by two ravens: Hugin who represented the power of thought and active search for information. The other raven, Mugin represented the mind, and its ability to intuit meaning rather than hunting for it. Odin would send these two ravens out each day to soar across the lands. At day's end, they would return to Odin and speak to him of all they had spied upon and learned on their journeys."

Because my guide appears to be Native American, I search the web for "Native American Interpretation dreams" and then the bird I see. It has been very useful to me.

"Other Native North American tribes saw the raven as the bringer of light. In fact, southwestern tribes (Hopi, Navajo, Zuni) felt the raven was flew out from the dark womb of the cosmos, and with it brought the light of the sun (dawning of understanding). Consequently, the raven is considered a venerated bird of creation, for without the raven, humans would forever live in darkness. I've written more about the symbolic meaning of raven from a Native American perspective here."

You can see how many proponents they have here! More than you were expecting. But I'm sure the sign you asked for was not negative.

Lora