View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Namaste Moonglow

The fact is mate, while we know quite a bit about science, the brain and Spirituality we really don't know much more than a very small portion of any of it. I've seen a few 'What is consciousness?'-type YouTubes lately and they all come to the same conclusions - nobody really knows and what is known is a couple of facts.

We don't know what#s stored in our genes although best guess is the collective memories of prior generations. Did you know that DNA emits light? We put so much store in consciousness but never explore the subconscious, and that's where it all happens. When you talk to people it all happens in your subconscious first and you only become conscious 'after the fact' - when you're saying it. The conscious lags behind the subconscious just a tiny fraction of a second, but still a lag.

What also hinders Spirituality is the collective unconscious and nobody thinks about it. This bit about Light good dark bad? That's an avatar of the collective unconsciousness from back in the day we were prey animals to lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!

Your ego is what looks back at you in the mirror in the morning, and the only question is "Can I live with it or not?" In whatever shape or form it takes, your ego is a memory of your past experiences and how you've come through them. It's also how you interact with the world around you - with the people on this forum and the ones you share your Life with.

Your ego is the reality you've created for yourself.

Namaste Greenslade,

What you present brings the thoughts back to "ego" being the identity of the self and how one relates to this.

Can relate that "ego" is the conscious aspect of ourselves. Jung comes to mind in the sense of recalling a book he wrote called Man and his Symbols. Which has me thinking that "ego" as being a symbol, then ask; What does it symbolize?

Mindfulness also comes to mind. Being aware of what is happening. How many pay attention to what is happening with in, without, and all around them? Reason for asking is it occurs to me that it all plays into the "ego" aspect of oneself. How one may relate to the self affecting how one relate to the world.

It plays into what is consciously noticed and what may seep into the unconconscious. Having remembered dreams, notice at times this playing out in my mind. The mind sorting through the information and bringing it to the forefront.

Yes, there are also those aspects passed down that seem to also play into our consciousness as a whole and individual.

Can go along with the outlook we create our reality, but in the sense of what may be perceived and/or believed to be real. Which seems to affect how one may judge things to be. Which in my book is not a bad thing, just the way to evaluate things. It is more in the manner how one projects these thoughts out that seem to have effects on another or not.

This can seem related to the "ego" aspect if "ego" is related to how one thinks it to be.

The thing that gets my mind going "hold on here" is that "ego" is just a symbol.
There is no real "ego". There is that which I am or we are aware/conscious of and that which I may or we are not be at present.

But, you do present an interesting twist to all this. That is our brain processing the information and it entering our physical consciousness seems to be one step behind what is occurring or just occurred.

Which brings back the thoughts on being mindfull, what others may call "street smart". Being aware of ones surroundings and in tune with it. Another subject perhaps here, but find it thought provoking. How many pay attention to this?