View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Sheesh,

I don't even have the words, time, patience for what I have just witnessed so I'll borrow someone elses.

The vicar who married us said something at our wedding that really stuck.

Each relationship is unique & it's between those people, ultimately it's up to them to decide it's content & if it succeeds ..

I have trouble with questions like these. The only way to learn is to find out; be honest about the outcome and store it as experience to better anticipate the outcome next time should there be one.

I've found that male divorce plaintiffs tend emotionally to be all-over-the-place (as in messed up, not ubiquitous). They're on the rebound, need their timing belts adjusted so they can return to normal running. Women are probably the same.

Whatever, it's important to see their current bank statements. LOL.

I've heard vicars say things as you quote. I've done a couple of weddings in a church where the console faces across the chancel so I can see/hear what's going on. I watch the happy couples on "the big day". It's really their little day - the start.

I reckon the 2 years is as 7L says, a time to allow for adjustment. Mum says if the pair can weather the first three years they stand a good chance. In the UK you aren't forced to hold out the 2 years if you get permission from the High Court to proceed.