View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
I think many people see themselves as a soul in a body where their consciousness then continues in some way once the body dies. I see it completely the other way around, that we are not a soul in a body but a body that is the soul of the Universe. So as one person dies, another is born. Therefore, we as the Universe continues experiencing itself through each and everyone of us.

Consequently, when we die, our concentrated consciousness goes back to Universal Consciousness. The pure and beautiful state of 'nothingness' from which everything originates.

Yep...this resonates very well with me.

This is not the reality of existence. The reality of existence is that place consciousness goes to when the body gives out, the place of truth in existence, the place that is eternal.

Whatever this existence we're living is in this universe, it is determined by how much the ego is fed/how much it is bridled.

So, if we have to label things, maybe the "soul" can mean whatever comes from consciousness encountering and dealing with the ego. And then again, maybe "soul" can just mean another name for "consciousness", likewise "spirit". But, in the reality of existence, does it really matter?

Namaste.