View Single Post
Old 19-05-2019, 10:51 AM
bartholomew

Where would we be if we had no idea of ethics or spirituality? If we omit these from our consideration of social science where will we put them? I agree that they belong in that discipline.

Wonder becomes faith which eventually morphs into sure knowledge. This is the way I see these kinds of relationships. For those who dispute creation vs evolution I suggest that science takes us back to the time of the creation (big bang) but is then necessarily replaced by faith which helps us to continues the journey. The boundary is fluid though. As we learn more the finite marker is moved a bit further away. This is what makes the whole of it so very elegant. The great soul who was Plato considered this very same dynamic but I don't know if he ever wrote about it.

Einstein once said: "I want to know God's thoughts. The rest are details".

Good reply... thanks

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Wonderful and well said . Still reading the other thread. But this opening thread itself is extremely wonderful.

We can view sciences (all material sciences and social like politics , psychology , economics , anthropology etc) as rules of God which works on its own on auto-pilot mode. Though many may not consider ethics & spirituality to be social sciences , I do consider it also as sciences (having its own cause and effect with implied subjectivity and remoteness of co-relation though ). Ethics is not only His rules of the game but also His 'Will' which he can fulfill through myriad ways and which can bring Him into play through his 'off worlders' (whom Hindu followers call Avatar - literally mean coming down of God) .